How You Can Help
Teenstretch runs from generous members of the community like you! There are a wide variety of avenues in which you can help, whether it be providing a monetary donation or volunteering your time.
Teenstretch’s current needs are:
- Transportation Funds: Teens who take the bus home from Teenstretch are provided SmarTrip cards. Cards are registered and monitored by Teenstretch staff. Provide a SmarTrip card for a new teen or provide funds to add money to cards as needed.
- Gas and Maintenance for 15 Passenger Van: Transportation is a barrier for our teens, so to promote Teenstretch attendance, we pick them up in our 15 passenger van! Funds are needed for gas and van maintenance.
- Volunteer Supplies: Teens volunteer once a month. Help fund the purchase of the materials needed for the volunteer activities.
- Teenstretch Dinners: Healthy dinners are provided for the teens weekly. Come cook dinner in our kitchen or donate money for the teens to get a special meal from a local restaurant! You may also cook a meal at home and bring it to Teenstretch.
- Honor Roll Incentives: Gift cards in small amounts ($10-15) are distributed to teens who turn in report cards and have good grades, have shown great improvement, or have received lots of positive teacher comments. The teens love gift cards to: Target, Chick-fil-a, Itunes, Amazon, or Sweet Frog.
- Special Events: Funds are needed for special events that occur throughout the year, such as our holiday party, end of the school year party, open house night, etc.
- Field Trips: Field trips for the teens are planned during spring break and summer vacation. Teenstretch provides field trips at no cost to the teens.
- Tutors: Tutors are needed to help teens with their homework. Tutors are especially needed for math and science!
- Life Skills Workshop Presenters: We are always on the lookout for people with knowledge that they would love to pass on to our teens! Suggestions for topics are always welcome.
- Rec Time Assistant: Do you have a passion or skill you could share with the teens? We would love to have you! Come do nails and make up with the girls! Demonstrate some new soccer moves! Introduce us to basic coding skills! Teach us a new art technique!
To support Teenstretch, you may donate online or mail a check to Homestretch, addressed to:
303 S. Maple Ave, Suite 400, Falls Church, VA 22046.
To volunteer with Teenstretch please email:
Brianna Larson-Jackson, Volunteer Coordinator/Development Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to learn more about Teenstretch, please contact Emma Ryanmiller, Youth and Family Program Coordinator at email@example.com.